2 pieces of salmon (3-5 ounce each)
3-4 slices of lemons
6 peppercorns or 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
2 sprigs parsley or dill
¼ cup dry white wine (such as sauvignon blanc)
½ tsp minced garlic (optional)
This dish is terrific with a dill mayonnaise, which you can make easily by combining the following ingredients:
- 2 tbsp of mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill or 1 tbsp dried dill
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- Fill a medium saucepan 2/3 of the way with water.
- Add 3 slices of lemon, 12 black peppercorns, wine, garlic and 4 sprigs parsley or dill.
- Bring the water to boil then reduce to a simmer and add the salmon.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until opaque. Do not boil or the fish will be overcooked on the outside and raw in the middle.
- Serve over a salad warm or cold.
Serving Size 1 fillet
Serving Per Container 2
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 293||Calories from Fat|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 15.9g|
|Saturated Fat 2.3g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.5g|
|Dietary Fiber g|
|Vitamin A %||Vitamin C %|
|Calcium 5%||Iron 6%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300mg||300 mg|
Calories per gram:
Fat 9 • Carbohydrate 4 • Protein 4